Monday, January 25, 2010

Wild in the Streets

Ten hours after leaving T-stan:

I arrive in Bangkok and wander around for two hours trying to find a place to stay. I guess it's the high season.

Eight hours after arriving in Vietnam:

I am attacked by a dog and he bites my ankle. Don't worry, I've had three different rounds of rabies vaccinations...no symptoms yet.

Two hours later:

I fall into a swamp.

The next day:

A 15 km trek through the jungle of Cat Ba Island off the coast of North Vietnam...quite similar to Pandora but we only saw one monkey and no Navi

Two days later:

We're flooded out of Hanoi. The rain is coming down so hard and I am a happy bubble of warmth inside a big, blue poncho.

A few days after that:

Roaming around Hoi An, Vietnam I run into a Russian/Israeli/Australian/French dude and we immediately start babbling on and on in Russian about the greatness of Central Asian food.

And I am immediately homesick for plov but grateful to be able to have this weird thing in common with another person out here on the coast of Vietnam.

Next stop: Laos

No comments: