Monday, January 04, 2010

Still in the Kara Kum

Everyone makes fun of me for staying a few extra weeks after my Peace Corps Close of Service (COS) but I don't care.

These last few weeks have been fantastic...I've had time to get TWO more dresses made, I've reconnected with local friends I hadn't seen in a long time, and it gave me time to get one last round of parasites in my belly.

I have ten days, and a long list of things that have to get done before I leave this country, and I don't know if I'll make it, but like every year, I resolve to be more organized. Yes, my American friends and family, I know you're laughing hysterically at this.

My students continually come by my house to talk, hang out, ask for help with some random thing, etc, and as the days go by, I'm beginning to freak out a little bit more.

Ten more days...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm incredibly proud of you, baby A! I can still recall a conversation we had back in '02 or '03 that kinda soured my opinion, but my how you've grown! :D

I can practically taste the t-bone steak and eggs and coronas. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi There I'd love to congratulate you for such a great made site!
I was sure this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/chinese-new-year-party-supplies.html]chinese new year Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I over warm-hearted post. Specially the appellation attracted me to review the unscathed story.