Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

December 30, 2009

Having a birthday so close to New Year’s Eve definitely has more minuses than pluses but over the years I’ve gotten used to it.

Yet this year was pretty cool.

I was in the kitchen preparing food for tonight and my host sister was outside sweeping, cleaning up for the guests that were coming in another two hours.

All of a sudden we heard a gigantic BOOM! And a firecracker landed in our yard, followed by another one. My poor host sister freaked out and threw open the gate to yell at whoever was doing this, only to be met with all my students singing at the top of their lungs, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!”

I ran out of the kitchen and my host sister was laughing so hard she was crying; it was absolutely hilarious. They brought cakes and cookies and presents and it was so incredibly sweet.

What a great birthday 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So awesome. :) I think you have the power to meet the greatest people no matter wherever you go. :)

Anonymous said...

I am really glad that u liked that cake! :) thank you angela, u were really good friend , and teacher , if u want to know who wrote this comment ,then try to guess to whom u helped to open an account from yahoo.com :)