Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Bye

I knew it was coming but wasn't sure how I'd feel leaving Turkmenistan.

I spent the last few days rigorously saying my good-byes, but not really feeling the blow just yet.

The night before I left Yoloten I had dinner at my best friend in Yoloten's house and we hugged each other and cried and made plans to hopefully see each other again and never lose contact.

I visited some students right before leaving Yoloten and we hugged and I promised to help them with anything I possibly could in the future.

And standing at the airport with my friends, we stood there and cried and held each other and promised to never forget.

And I sat on the plane continuously calling and texting random friend and family, still saying good-bye.

As the plane started moving the tears started flowing uncontrollably and I couldn't believe I was actually leaving.

I'll never forget.

The past two years have been the best two years of my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

God bless you Angela. You did a great thing these past two years.

Anonymous said...

You're leaving brought tears to my eyes. Bless you Angela, in a George Bailey kind-of deal, I somehow doubt you know the good you have done.

Best of luck in the future.

Anonymous said...

MuborambMib
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/bloodroot-paste]bloodroot paste[/url]
lizCloloTek