Sunday, November 04, 2007

Camels, Caves and Penelope

November 3, 2007

Tomorrow starts my sixth week here…life is still fabulous.

Two days ago my host family bought a cow and I named her Penelope.

My Turkmen is getting better J.

My iPod is dead, and is never coming back. I’m alright with it though…life goes on.

One of the students in my school made me a Halloween card, and it has the lyrics to “Jingle Bells” written on the inside. It’s pretty much the coolest thing ever.

My family told me Penelope cost about $200 and I can’t understand why a cow cost so little but a camel cost more than $500. So they told me that we’d go camel shopping together and we could see what sweet deals I can get on a baby camel J.

I went down into a cave yesterday and swam in the sulfuric water below. It was warm and supposedly has special healing powers, but it turned my silver ring black. My host mother gave me a stern look because she had told me not to swim in the water. Oh well…curiosity wins.

My host family is phenomenal and I love talking with them. I’m excited to go somewhere new once training is over next month, but I’m definitely going to Annau J.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will wire you $500 to buy a camel when you go shopping.

Do they come with options? AM/FM/Cassette or a jack for your dead iPod?

That would be the bee's knees. YOU'RE the bee's knees, Baby A! :D