Sunday, November 11, 2007

Beauty

November 5, 2007

I ate an insane amount of candy today and now I have a stomach ache.

Today Gyzulgul, my host sister-in-law (gilneje) was mixing a weird solution together and she told me it was a face mask for my host mom, so I took some and put it on my face also.

It’s pretty much just rice and some type of honey they have here, and I thought it was wacky at first, but after about five minutes I could feel my face tightening up. It still feels kind of weird…

We attempted to begin our English club today but it didn’t quite work out since over four teachers were absent and we pretty much just ended up working as substitutes for another class while we were supposed to have the club. It didn’t go as well as we had planned.

I’ve finally incorporated the words “I’m joking” into my Turkmen vocabulary…it’s very helpful with my host family. Especially when my host sister started freaking out when I told her I was going to take photos of her when she started putting the weird rice mask thing on too.

O well…I think Turkmen women with rice and honey plastered to their face would have made for a lovely photo for America to see…

No comments: