Monday, November 19, 2007

Ups and Downs

November 12, 2007



My belly is full of amazing Turkish food and delicious cranberry juice. Man, it’s been awhile since I had juice. It’s sooooooooooooooooo GOOD.

The Turkish embassy hosted a concert and art show in Ashgabat tonight and so Kevin, Sarah and I went along. Dressed in our best, we hung out with ambassadors, enjoyed some spectacular music put on by the Turkish orchestra, and ate and ate and ate and ate.

What’s hilarious is that last night and this morning I was feeling like crap, thinking my stomach would never feel normal again, completely lacking motivation, depressed about how crappy my Turkmen language skills are and wondering what the heck I was doing in this country.

Eight hours later I’m at one of the finest cocktail parties on the planet.

The moral is that no matter how icky things seem, it’ll always get better.

And cavier & cranberry juice with embassy people from around the world is AWESOME.

No comments: