Friday, April 04, 2008

T-Stan Beauty

April 2, 2008

I can’t believe I’ve been here six months.

I also can’t believe I’ve gone this long without avocadoes.

Today a little frog came in with me to the outhouse. The last time this happened I completely freaked out. Now I can do my business just fine as he hops about.

This country grows more and more beautiful with each day… My favorite place is outside, watching the bees swarming the flowers, the cats on a search for food and the frogs hopping through the water. We have so many frogs it’s like the garden is alive at night, and I always worry I’m going to step on one in the darkness.

The darkness is another mystery…I’ve never seen so many stars before.

I can’t ever let myself forget how beautiful Turkmenistan is…how beautiful Yoloten is. No matter how frustrated and full of self-doubt I become, I can’t ever let myself forget how blessed I am to be here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Avocados? Oh you. :)

You'd best let me know when you take vacation. I'll do what I can to visit. :)

Unknown said...

Where you been?

Unknown said...

Hello? It's been two weeks. :P