Friday, March 07, 2008

Who Loves Kiwi?

March 6, 2008

Two days ago when I wasn’t looking, one of my students wrote on the board, “There is nothing greater in the world than Angela.”

That brought a huge smile to my face.

They've been bringing me presents over the last few days for World Wide Women's Day this Saturday, March 8. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy and sometimes I think this is the greatest place in the world.

My host cousin is learning English at the same pace that I’m learning Russian, so we’ve become each others’ language support system. We help each other understand grammar, complain on and on about what we hate about each other’s language and often we’ll test each other by exchanging words.

“Kiwi,” I said to her today with a smile. It's the same in both languages :)

“Kiwi…kiwi…” she mumbled, flipping through her notes. “Ah, I forgot kiwi,” she said as she tried to find the word.

I couldn’t hold it in any longer and just started laughing hysterically.

“KIWI!” she yelled. “Ooooooh, Angela…”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You touch lives everywhere you go. It's what you do. Touch lives. ;)