Monday, March 24, 2008

Needing Friends in High Places

March 24, 2008

If anyone, anyone at all has an idea of how to make friends at the aerokassa, please, please let me know.

I am starting to think that there’s no way out of this country.

Even if you speak perfect Russian…perfect Turkmen, have perfect and legitimate affiliation with travel in Turkmenistan, it’s not easy to leave.

It all comes down to three women.

That’s right- you know who I’m talking about. The three aerokassa ladies that control EVERYTHING.

They glare from behind their little windows spitting out false information and ignoring requests for more.

Maybe a small gift would better my chances…a bribe of some sort…

There has to be a way for me to take a vacation this summer. There has to be a way to acquire an airline ticket.

What, I ask, is the key to an aerokassa woman’s heart?

Maybe a nice fruit basket…a box of chocolates…

Ideas are much appreciated. I must vacate, and if I can’t even get a damn price of a ticket out of these women then I haven’t a clue how I’m supposed to actually acquire one physically.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn! Are you stuck there?

Do you need me to wire you some cash? I'll do it!