Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year

December 31, 2007



The new year is here and I think it’s hilarious to look back a year and think about where I was then…and compare it to where I am now.

I have survived my first Thanksgiving, Christmas and Birthday here in T-stan, and am about to experience my first T-stan New Year.

So let’s see…

Last year on Thanksgiving I had a humongous feast of everything Thanksgiving is all about, including a baked turkey as well as deep fried turkey, and duck. I ate a crapload of pie, drank a ton of champagne, and sang karaoke.

This year I had giardia. I ate half a potato and a small piece of bread.

Last year on Christmas I drank candy cane martinis, opened an insane amount of presents, watched Christmas movies, and ate a TON of fantastic food.

This year I exchanged music and photos in a hotel room in Ashgabat, ate some granola bars and cookies that my fantastic aunts sent me from Ohio, and danced to Rhianna at the disco.

Last year on my birthday I was thrown a surprise birthday party with lots of food, a chocolate cake, a ton of balloons, and a huge cardboard cutout of Orlando Bloom.

This year I ate fried potatoes and meat, drank a crapload of tea and received the coolest Turkmen music video dvd on the planet (among other T-stan style presents).

I can’t wait to see what the new year brings.

No comments: