Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tolkuchka

I'll admit it...I hate Tolkuchka.

Being surrounded by five billion people with their huge bags and the copius amounts of banana and somsa sellers and those humongous carts that suddenly appear right in front of you or behind you without any warning knocking you completely off your path is no fun.

It's the diamond in the haystack situation...you know the perfect item for the perfect price is there for you, somewhere in the middle of the chaos when people are smacking into you, shoving you and pushing you all over the place- it's just a matter of finding it.

But I was desperate. My feet have been FREEZING in my strappy walking shoes so I had to find some boots.

So I pushed and shoved and yelled and battled the rudeness until I found them. They're big and thick and keep the warmth in...and they're only $15.

It may be the largest bazaar on the planet, and you may be able to find anything from camels to ice cream to ribbons for your hair to toilet seats, but every time I find myself there I tell myself that I will never ever again return.

But I always do. And my feet are very thankful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What is the weather like there? Is it sunny? I have to know 'cause I have an idea for a bombass birthday present but I won't be able to buy/send it until I get back to the states.

This birthday is a big one! You'll officially be in your late-twenties or "thirtyish" in girltalk. :)

Anonymous said...

Angela, you have a package coming soon from your ex-coworkers :-) I haven't sent it yet, buuutttt...since you just bought new boots, do ya need socks???

Virtual warm hugs from Sunny Southern California

Cynde

Unknown said...

Angela! I got the book you sent me today! I'm going to start it today but wanted to get a message out to you as soon as possible. :)

For the record, I think our mail is ending soon, so... it'll be my turn to send YOU something! :D