Friday, October 02, 2009

A Little Help from My Friends

Wednesday was up there with one of the worst days ever out here, and after the day was over, after the taxi pulled into my home, after my day of wandering around Mary City arguing with migration officials about my new visa, getting all my problems straightened out, I needed one thing, and one thing only.

To vent.


So I hurried to the nearest shop, purchased a bag of cookies and two Baltika 5s and showed up to one of my local friend's house with a smile.

"ANGELA!" She said as she opened the door.

"Ohhhhh you are not going to believe my day," I began and we sat and talked and gossiped and after about twenty minutes I felt loads better.

And then I realized something...how incredibly lucky I am that I have friends here, people who I can just sit and talk with about anything and everything for hours.

She may not understand a word of English, and my Russian still blows but the friendship is real.

Man what a crazy week this has been...

What's next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

merhaba
ben turkiye den ariyorum.
benim blog adresim...
http://benemin.blogspot.com/