Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Nightmares and Cookies

August 5, 2009

My new best friend in Yoloten and I were sitting in her bedroom today talking about superstitions.

“People aren’t superstitious in America?” she asked.

“Ehhh…I guess some are and some aren’t. It’s really not that big of a deal out there.”

She leaned over and asked me if I ever have nightmares. I told her it was pretty rare.

“Whenever I have a nightmare, I go buy a kilo of cookies and give them to children in the streets,” she said. “Then I won’t have any more nightmares.”

“You do WHAT?” I laughed.

“It’s true!” she said. “You don’t believe me?”

I couldn’t stop laughing.

“Oh man I have to write this down. Wait till my friends and family hear this one…”

“Okay,” she said. “Next time you have a nightmare just try it out.”

“Alright, I’ll get back to you on this,” I said, still laughing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Psh! It seems like zodiac signs are gaining in popularity and my sis reads her horoscope on the daily.

I'd say we're pretty superstitious. Most of our country still are hardcore Christians.