Friday, May 29, 2009

Two Things


May 28, 2009

Two things I’ve learned this week:

No matter how bad things are, there’s someone else suffering 100 times more than you.

And no matter what, you must always, always, always treat other people how you want to be treated.

I won’t lie…it’s been a rough week. Probably one of the roughest ever in the past year and a half and recent events have even made me consider leaving early…my lack of motivation and increased irritation together have made me not like myself very much this week.

Sometimes I feel .like I just don’t understand anything at all. And I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself over the past few days.

Then my host brother got sick and my stupid problems stopped mattering so much. Watching my host mother suffer through this ordeal is enough. I’ve had enough with my crappy attitude.

I am in check…there are more important things to worry about in the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please, please don't leave early.

Of all the PK blogs on Turkmenistan, yours is the most funny, most interesting, and most educational.

Stick it out! Don't Quit!

Anonymous said...

Agreed with the other Anonymous. Hang in there Angela. There are many people pulling for you. You are doing something more important than you realize.

And besides you will not remember the bad times only the good. Memory is like that yes it is. I hope your host brother is doing better.

Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

You see? I'm NOT the only one who reads your blog! :P

L*** said...

Hello. Let me tell you my story. I live in Turkmenistan and I am 16. The peace corps volunteers I met here changed my life. I got friends with one couple from oregon, and because of them i learned many new things, and my english improved a lot! so i won a scholarship and spent a year in minnesota as a high school student. you really do a lot to all for us!!! your work matters! you might be the only people from outside countries somebody will meet in their lives! thank you so much!