Monday, June 16, 2008

No News is Good News



June 10, 2008

Well the dollar is back up a tiny bit so I guess things aren’t all that bad but the rumors just keep on flying.


Local plane tickets recently skyrocketed to about $17 when they were only $1.50 before. At least the lines at the aerokassa won’t be as long.


International tickets went down thankfully, just in time for me to buy another ticket to vacate yet again this August. Whew!


The summer, so far, has been pretty uneventful. I teach for three hours in the morning, then spend the rest of the day studying, cooking and sleeping. I thought I’d take up a hobby and teach myself how to sew but I quickly realized that just because every Turkmen woman can do it, doesn’t mean I can.


The heat can drain the energy from my body on an average day. Maybe everyone should spend a year in the desert at some point in their life…yes that’s a very good idea…

No comments: