Thursday, May 01, 2008

Seven Months

May 1, 2008

Seven months! I think it’s gone by pretty fast…or maybe that’s just because I’m so crazy busy.


Today my students wrote, “WE LAKE ANGELA!!!!” on the board. That was cute.


I started an activity club with my older kids a few weeks ago and except for my fourth form class, it’s pretty much my favorite time of the week now. And cooking club is debuting this week also so we’ll see how that goes. Of course they all want to make pizza.


My map project is still in my head and not on paper yet, but we will get there. At least the geography teachers are excited about working with me.

I can’t help but feel overwhelmed on a daily basis by all the things I want to do each and every day…I have a pile of books to read, a box of pictures, pens, papers and other stuff for English club projects that need to be sorted through and organized, lesson plans that need to be written, and all I want to do is study Russian and make a strawberry pie since they’re so beautifully in season now.


I am getting one hell of a tan out here…living in the desert is a phenomenal experience.

No comments: