Friday, May 16, 2008

CSI: Yoloten

May 13, 2008

Yesterday our doorbell was stolen. My host mother was pretty upset because it had been given to her for her birthday just a month and a half ago.

“Alright everyone,” my host brother said as he paced the living room. It was 10:30 at night. “Mom, make some tea. Angela will drink coffee. Let’s figure this out…we have to find out who did this.”

“Well whoever did it had to reach all the way up above the door so if it was a kid they have to be pretty tall,” I said.

“And they have to be pretty stupid because it’s not going to work unless you have the other piece from inside the house,” my host sister added.

We laughed as we imagined some stupid kid pressing the button repeatedly hoping the sound would come out.

“I just can’t believe they stole our DOORBELL!” my host mom said.

My host brother smiled and said, “It’s alright. I’ll call Agatha Christie and she’ll take care of this. We’re good friends. Angela, we’ll contact the FBI too, okay?”

So the Case of the Missing Doorbell begins.

No comments: