Friday, February 15, 2008

Que Paso?

February 15, 2008

Watching the kids make Valentines’s Day Cards yesterday was adorable…they had a blast, although some of them just gave me a blank stare- huh? What do you want us to do? Make what?

Just create! I said. It’s a day of LOVE!

Then they would giggle and ask me to help them draw hearts and stuff. It was really cool because I think it was the first time they’ve had a chance to do that in class.

One student made me a valentine and wrote inside: "I hope you find your true love. And I hope he is in Yoleten so you can stay here forever."


We still have no water at home and my host mom is getting angry. We’ve been bumming buckets from the neighbors like cigarettes. Because of the crappy water situation I haven’t done any laundry for…well…it’s been awhile. It seriously can’t be put off any longer. The situation is getting out of control.

For some reason the price of fuel has skyrocketed, causing taxis to be double the cost now which is completely and totally lame.

At the request of the kids in my school I’ve opened up a Spanish Club and it is SO MUCH FUN because there are so many Spanish words that have been replaced with Turkmen words in my mind and this gives me the opportunity to keep the language alive.

Pretty sweet!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What that little boy said in his valentine is absolutely adorable. :)

I'm sorry about your water sitch. :(

Unknown said...

OMG I JUST noticed!

"Watching the kids make Valentines’s Day Cards"

Valentines's?

I hope you're not forgetting english!

Sorry, Baby A, but you know I gotta. ;)