Sunday, October 28, 2007

If You Can’t Beat Them…

October 21, 2007

Currently there are about forty-seven flies in my room.

It sounds like an exaggeration, but I assure you it’s the truth. I can count about 35 of them on my curtain right this second from where I’m sitting, and then another seven on the ceiling, and the rest are randomly buzzing about their merry way.

I honestly wouldn’t mind flies so much if it wasn’t for that damn BZZZZ noise they make…and if they didn’t fly right up into my face every ten seconds. If they were quiet and just minded their own business, it would be cool. We could co-exist happily inside my room.

But these little buggers will NOT leave me the heck alone.

So I tried the fly swatting game (thanks gratefully to Katie’s handy dandy fly swatter- seriously Katie, I don’t know what I would do without this thing. And you probably have no idea how much that going away present really ended up being a part of my life) and I have since created a mass grave in the corner of my room. I tried opening the door, and shooing out the ones that were stuck to the curtain…with no luck at all. And I tried just sitting here, waiting for them to come to me so that I could go in for the kill.

But I’m getting really sick and tired of playing attack the fly so now I’m just peacefully sitting here, typing away, with my handy dandy fly swatter by my side.

Oh well…it’s my fault anyway. I’ve now learned the hard way what happens when I leave my door, window and curtain open for two whole hours in the afternoon.

No comments: