Saturday, September 29, 2007

Stress

Fact: Moving out of the country is stressful.

But moving out of the country after only giving yourself ONE WEEK to take care of everything is ridiculous.

In the past week, I have left my job, moved out of my apartment, bounced around from friends and family saying my good byes, was thrown an absolutely PHENOMENAL, mind-blowing surprise going-away party, hauled all my stuff to my parent's house, hauled another ton of stuff to the Goodwill, spent hours organizing things into various crevices in their garage, screamed and freaked out at my boyfriend and mother at least three separate times, ate a ton of sushi, slapped, hit and kicked my suitcases for not fitting all my stuff, and proceeded to bang my head against the wall because even at the very last minute I still wasn't ready.

But it's my own fault. Who waits till the day before they're leaving the country to cancel their cell phone? Sometimes I want to kick my own ass.

All that aside, I am now chilled out and happily taking deep, stress-free breaths of fresh air in my lovely Holiday Inn hotel room in Washington, D.C. I still have that panic feeling every now and then, but it's happening less and less because it doesn't really matter if I've forgotten something now, does it?

Monday I'll be on that plane heading over the Atlantic to my new home without my favorite sweatshirt, and without my favorite jacket...without my sleeping bag and without all the other stuff I forgot or just didn't have room for. But whatever! I'll still get there and I'll still survive just fine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Argh my comment got deleted so here's an abbreviate version.

Your story is typical Angela. There should be a TV show called "That's so Angela."

I tried calling but your phone was already off.

Keep a journal and write a book on your experiences.

If there's anything you need, tell me and I'll get it for you (once I get back to the states).

Take care and stay safe. I'll be reading your blog! :D

Diddy said...

Angela I wish I could have held your hand in getting prepared but I forced myself to stand back so you could figure out. I am happy you made it out of Cali in one piece but irritated because I know we could have gotten your fav. sweatshirt in there.. Michael prob wasnt much help in that area..lol.. Anyway have fun in our nations capital and say goodbye to good Ole Bushy you wont be seeing him when ou get back... LOVE YOU!!! : P