Friday, October 17, 2008

Funky Town

October 16, 2008

I’m officially in a funk.

I thought of this today as I laid down in my room, once again ignoring the stack of Russian books to the side, the half-finished lesson plans in a pile, and the pile of clothes that seriously need to be washed.

This week I ignored my Russian teacher’s calls, I ignored my fifth form class completely, I ignored my host family when they asked me to come hang out with them, and I decided not to go hang out with my American friends in the city like I do every week.

And today, as I sat down to watch “Hairspray” for the 18th time this week, I realized I was truly pathetic.

I either need a big kick in the ass or a smack in the face.

Maybe both.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It happens. Just think back to the last time you were in a funk and remember how it always passes.

I can't promise it'll help you, but it's what helps me.

You'll bounce back, Baby A! :D

Anonymous said...

Still recovering from those trips you took back to civilization. The impending reality is that your time in Tstan will be coming to an end more rapidly than you think. Then, you've got to decide what to do next with your life. I'd be willing to bet that this is the source of the funk.

Enjoy the rest of your time in this wonderful land. Make the most of it. Don't let the funk get you down!

Anonymous said...

Hairspray always makes me feel better.